Chèvre Tomato Pasta Recipe (Inspired by the Viral TikTok Tomato Feta Pasta)
- 2 lbs Cherry tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, or whatever garden tomatoes you have on hand
- 1/2 cup EVOO, cooking quality
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10 1/2 ozs Chèvre
- 10 ozs Dried pasta of your choice
- 4 Cloves of garlic, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (a couple spoonfuls of basil pesto will work in a pinch)
- Flake salt, for serving
- Drizzle of very good olive oil, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Toss the tomatoes with garlic and olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and several grinds of black pepper in a baking dish until combined. Ensure the tomatoes are spread evenly.
3. Place the chèvre in the middle of the pan with the tomato mixture.
4. Bake until the tomatoes have burst and the chèvre has softened about 30 minutes. Raise the heat to 450 degrees F and continue to cook until the tomatoes and chèvre are golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more.
5. Meanwhile, cook your preferred pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain the cooked pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
7. Stir the tomatoes and chevre, smashing into a smooth and creamy sauce.
8. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and half of the sliced basil. Toss until the pasta is evenly coated. If the sauce is too thick, add some pasta water a little at a time to achieve the desired consistency.
9. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
10. Serve the chevre tomato pasta topped with the remaining basil, a glug of very good olive oil, and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
Enjoy this delightful variation of the viral TikTok tomato feta pasta with a cold glass of our Estate Pinot Gris!